Choosing Heating Controls
Choosing the right boiler control is essential for heating your home efficiently. Below is a list of frequently asked questions that we hope cover the main queries we receive.
We now have a collection of Boiler Control videos which demonstrate how to use our controls and guide you through the various settings the controls offer.
You might also like to visit our Boiler Controls section to download a user guide, find out how boiler controls can help you to save money or to see which controls are compatible with your Worcester boiler.
Frequently asked questions
- What are timers, programmers and programmable room thermostats?
- What does an optimiser do?
- How do I adjust my boiler controls when the clocks change?
- Will the timer remember my settings if I have a power cut?
- Will a radio frequency timer work if I have other wireless equipment?
- Why might I want to programme hot water times with my combi boiler?
- Which controls can I use for the system boilers?
- Which controls can I use for the Greenstar Ri or conventional boilers?
- On the MT10 RF which are the day and night time settings for temperature controls?
- How long on average do the batteries last on a Digistat?
- Can I fit the timer myself?
- Does the timer have a back light?
- Are outside temperature sensors available for boilers?
- What is a thermostatic radiator valve (TRV)?