Worcester Bosch Service Contract terms and conditions
1. Only one service contract policy per Worcester boiler.
2. The service contract scheme includes provision for one routine service of the boiler, which will be undertaken during the duration of a policy (excluding 1st time policies (refer to Paragraph 12).
3. The service contract scheme will cover the boiler for any repair work, inclusive of the call out of Worcester Field Service Engineers, labour and the replacement of any component(s) within the boiler found to be defective.
4. The service contract scheme will only cover the boiler and any associated controls and component(s) supplied as original by Worcester.
5. Excluded from the cover provided by the Service Contract scheme are:
- Worcester products classed as water heaters.
- Worcester boilers that have not been marketed and provided by Worcester for the United Kingdom market.
- Worcester boilers installed outside of mainland Great Britain, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Wight (including Isle of Man, Scottish Isles and Republic of Ireland).
- First time applications and re-applications for boilers which are 10 years old and over.
- Any appliance that has not been installed in accordance with appropriate Worcester installation instructions (refer to Paragraph 13,14 & 15).
- On specific models of boilers, the replacement of more than one plated domestic hot water heat exchanger as a result of scale formation during the boiler’s life. For further information as to whether your boiler incorporates a plated domestic hot water heat exchanger, please contact your installer or our Technical Helpline on 08705 266241.
- Boiler descale and chemical cleansing/flushing.
- Replacement of casework and decorative panels.
- Radiators and other space heating equipment, external water, gas and oil pipelines/services, external electric wiring, external pumps, flueways, fire valves, filters, water and oil storage tanks.
- Call out of engineers not in accordance with Paragraphs 2, 3 and 4.
- Any unauthorised additions and adjustments made to the boiler by a 3rd party.
- Non Worcester components supplied as original.
- Worcester boilers that do not have a correctly completed Benchmark Log Book available for inspection.
6. The terms of this Service Contract for the period specified, renewable for further similar periods will commence as follows:
- If applied for by cheque, postal orders, credit card or debit card using a SERVICE CONTRACT APPLICATION form, the policy will commence from the date the cheque or postal order has been received by Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. or the date the payment transaction has been carried out on your Credit Card or Debit Card by Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd.
- If applied by for by Direct Debit using a SERVICE CONTRACT APPLICATION form, the policy will commence on the earliest possible date of collection of the first payment. A minimum of 14 days notice must be given in order for a Direct Debit Instruction to be activated by your bank/building society.
- If applied for by cheque, postal orders, credit card or debit card using a SERVICE CONTRACT PROPOSAL form, the policy will commence immediately after the guarantee period on the boiler expires, if the form has been received by Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. before the guarantee period has expired, or from the date the cheque or postal order has been received by Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. or the date the payment transaction has been carried out on your Credit Card or Debit Card by Worcester if the form has been received by Worcester after the guarantee period has expired.
- If applied for by Direct Debit using a SERVICE CONTRACT PROPOSAL form, the policy will commence on the earliest possible date of collection of the first payment immediately after the guarantee period on the boiler has expired, should the form be received by Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. before the guarantee period has expired or on the earliest possible date of collection of the first payment, should the form be received by Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. after the guarantee period has expired. A minimum of 14 days notice must be given in order for a Direct Debit Instruction to be activated by your bank/building society.
- Should Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. receive a SERVICE CONTRACT RENEWAL form more than 28 days after an existing yearly-paid policy has fallen due for renewal, the boiler will not be covered by the Service Contract scheme after the renewal date has passed.
- Should Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. receive a SERVICE CONTRACT RENEWAL form more than 28 days after a policy has fallen due for renewal, the Service Contract Renewal form and any associated payment received thereafter will be subjected to the same Terms & Conditions by Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. as a first time application.
7. Once the boiler reaches an age of 10 years old, the cover provided by the service contract scheme thereafter will be continuously evaluated for the availability of replacement components, unless a policy has been terminated by either party with one month’s notice in writing, to expire at any time. This excludes schemes paid for by cheque or credit card/debit card.
8. During the period after the boiler reaches an age of 10 years old, should a policy be terminated by Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. due to the non-availability of replacement components, the customer will be advised accordingly in writing with a minimum of 3 months notice.
9. Telephone calls made to Worcester Contact Centres may be monitored and recorded explicitly for the purposes of staff training only.
10. Worcester Field Service Engineers` normal working week is Monday to Saturday. Same-day, Sunday, Bank Holiday and Public Holiday cover is not available.
11. The usual call-out response time for repair work is 1-3 days. In the event of total failure of heating and/or hot water, Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. will endeavour to respond by the next day (excluding Sunday or Bank Holiday) subject to engineer availability.
12. The routine service undertaken during a first time service contract policy will also be classed as a pre-inspection. This pre-inspection will identify whether a boiler is suitable to remain under the cover provided by the service contract scheme. Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. will undertake this pre-inspection within 3 months of a first time policy commencing, for which arrangements will be made by Worcester Contact Centres.
13. If during the pre-inspection the boiler is found not be in installed in accordance with the appropriate Worcester installation instructions and prevailing Health and Safety standards, Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. will give the customer four weeks from the date of the pre-inspection to arrange for the necessary remedial work on the installation to be undertaken. This four week period will only be applicable to installations considered suitable for remedial work by our engineers. Installations considered unsuitable for remedial work will result in a policy being terminated and a full refund of any monies paid being effected.
14. If during the pre-inspection, or any call-out for repairs prior to the pre-inspection, the boiler is found not to be in full working order, Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. will offer to carry out any repairs on the boiler with the engineer call-out, labour and on-going labour being covered by the policy. If any parts within the boiler are found to be defective during this period, Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. will offer to replace these parts at the current list price. Failure to bring the boiler up to full working order, or if Paragraph 4 applies, may result in Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. terminating the agreement forthwith and making a proportional refund of the service charges to the customer.
15. The initial acceptance of a boiler on to the service contract scheme does not imply that it is installed correctly to relevant regulations and prevailing Health and Safety standards until inspected. (refer to Paragraph 13).
16. Non-completion of the Benchmark Logbook for gas-fired boilers manufactured by Worcester since October 1999 may result in an engineer refusing to work on a boiler and a service contract policy being invalidated. Subsequently, a full refund of any monies paid may be effected. Under such circumstances, Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. reserve the right to disclaim all liability on the boiler and associated Worcester controls and components concerned. For further information on the Benchmark initiative, please contact our Technical Helpline on 08705 266241.
17. Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. or their authorised agent shall be afforded full and free access and facilities to examine the boiler at any time during the period of the routine service and to adjust and/or repair the same.
18. Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. will not be held responsible for any damage caused beyond its control, including storm damage, damage from lightning, changes to or failure of the gas, water, oil and/or electricity supply, scale formation, or for accidents and/or neglect by the householder or third parties.
19. Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. will not accept responsibility for any repairs or adjustments carried out by any other person (including the householder or his/her agents) and in the event of any interference with the boiler by any such person, Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd will have the right to disclaim all liability until they have re-examined the boiler and accepted in writing, renewed liability under the terms thereof.
20. The householder is responsible at all times for maintaining the chimney and/or flue and time and operating controls in a clean and efficient condition.
21. If the ownership of the premises in which the boiler covered by this agreement changes, the new owner of the premises will benefit from the remaining period of an existing policy for which payment has been made by cheque, postal order, credit card or debit card. No refund will be made for the unexpired period of this existing agreement.
22. Where payments are made by Direct Debit, termination of a policy must be made in writing and Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. will not repay any Direct Debit payments in the absence of such notice.
23. Should a policy, which has been paid for by Direct Debit, be terminated within 6 months of such a policy commencing, Worcester reserve the right to request any outstanding payments which have not been collected during this 6 month period.
24. If a refund is to be made, for any other reason, then this refund will be proportional and subject to an administration fee of £10.00. Any refund made will be made entirely at the discretion of Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd.
25. Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. reserves the right to refuse or terminate any application/agreement towards the Service Contract scheme at any time and without prior notice. Any acceptance towards the scheme will be made entirely at the discretion of Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd.