Greensource Air to Water Heat Pump 6kW
The Greensource 6kW air to water heat pump converts latent energy in the air - even on the coldest days - into heat for your home.
The air source heat pump system comprises an outdoor and indoor unit. The outdoor unit extracts the energy in air outside the property. This energy is absorbed by a refrigerant solution which is compressed to a higher temperature. The indoor unit then uses the heat generated by the outdoor unit to create hot water for a traditional pressurised heating and hot water system.
Installation of these heat pumps is relatively simple and they are suitable for a wide range of property types.
Currently, your local authority must be consulted regarding planning permission for air source heat pumps. More information is available on the Energy Saving Trust’s website.
Features and benefits
- Scroll compressor - flow temperatures 65°C
- Low noise output - quiet operation
- 2 years parts and labour guarantee* - peace of mind
- No flue system - ease of siting
- No gas or oil required - ease of siting
- Automatic defrost, -20°C outside operation - melts snow and ice automatically
- Fast and easy installation - through offering a complete system with indoor and outdoor unit
- 65°C water temperature, wide application range - more retrofit installations possible e.g. connection to radiators
- Compact size - 600mm² internal hot water distribution unit
- Fully integrated controls - easy operation
- Integrated stainless steel cylinder - Space saving and corrosion resistant
- Fully integrated circulation pumps - quicker installation and no need to purchase additional components
- Built-in expansion vessels - quicker installation and no need to purchase additional components
- Diverter valves - quicker installation and no need to purchase additional components
- Inlet control set** - no need to purchase additional component
*Terms and conditions apply
**Supplied in unvented kit
Technical data table
|Dimensions w x h x d (mm)*||818 x 1,223 x 643|
|Outer casing||Galvanised powder coated steel|
|Emitted/supplied output at +7/35°C||5.5/1.5|
|Heat output / COP -7/35°C 1||2.8/2.0|
|Heat output / COP 2/35°C 1||4.6/3.2|
|Heat output / COP 7/35°C 1||5.5/3.7|
|Heating system flow nominal l/s||0.19|
|Internal pressure drop heat carrier (kPa)||5|
|Air flow (m3)/h||2,200|
|Electrical consumption fan (A)||0.44|
|Fuse size - Amperes time delay 4||16|
|Starting current - softstart (A)||23.43|
|Electrical supply||230V 1N ~ 50Hz|
|Maximum outgoing flow temperature (°C)||65|
|Refrigerant filling R-407C (kg)||2.5|
|Defrost system||Hot gas with four-way valve|
|Operating temperature (°C) 5||-20 to +35|
|HTF connection, clamping ring (mm)||Hose 1" internal thread|
|Sound power level (dB(A)) 2||65|
|Sound pressure level (dB(A)) 3||53|
* Without feet, additionally depending on the adjustment min. 20mm - max. 30mm.
- Output data at +7/35°C, +7/45°C are stated according to the European Standard EN 14511.
- Calculated value at 1m distance according to EN ISO 3743-2.
- Calculated value at 1m distance according to EN ISO 11203.
- aM type fuse, C characteristic McB.
- Tested at -17°C according to the European standard EN 14511-4.
COPs are calculated using EN 14511.
|Product guides and brochures|
|Renewable technologies brochure
A guide to using solar panels, ground source heat pumps or air source heat pumps for home heating.
|8 716 115 755|
|Air to water heat pump fact sheet||SD 02|
|Air to water heat pump with domestic hot water distribution unit user manual||6 720 642 344|
|Engineering services from Worcester||ENG SERV1|
|Hot water distribution unit user manual||8 716 115 329|
|Installation instructions for Greensource Air to Water Heat Pump||6 720 641 467|
|Outdoor heat pump user manual||8 716 115 328|
|Tech and spec for Greensource Air to Water Heat Pump||8 716 115 319|
|120 litre primary water storage tank, installation and servicing instructions||8 716 115 670|