QCF Gas Safety Awareness Course in Social Housing
This regulated QCF (Qualification and Credit Framework) is for learners working within the Social Housing sector, who need to be aware of gas safety matters affecting their residents and that wish to update their continuing professional development (CPD).
This is aimed at attendees looking to develop their knowledge and understanding in order to gain recognition at a higher level and prepare for further learning or training.
Course will include
- The types of gas used in residential premises and the requirements for correct combustion
- The effects that Carbon Monoxide can have on the human body
- How Carbon Monoxide detectors should be used to reduce the risk of Carbon Monoxide poisoning
- How to identify the signs of an appliance which has combustion/flue/ventilation problems
- The requirements for landlords and their agents under the Gas Safety Regulations
- The requirements placed upon gas installers to work legally in domestic properties
- The actions necessary in the event of an escape of gas or report of fumes
The assessment will consist of multiple choice and short written answer questions. The Gas Safety Awareness handbook that is used within the course must be read prior to assessment.
Please bring the Gas Safety awareness handbook with you on the day of the course.
*If you need to cancel or rearrange a booking we require notice of 10 working days prior to the course start date so that the place can be reallocated. If the required notice is not received within this time scale any monies paid will be forfeited.
Book this course