Find out about Boiler Plus legislation and how it affects the way new gas combi boilers are installed.
From April 2018, the new Boiler Plus legislation, which is part of the Heat In Buildings policy, will mean that new gas combi boiler replacement installations in England must be installed with either a smart, load or weather compensation control or a flue gas heat recovery unit. Rest assured, Worcester has every option covered.
What is Boiler Plus and what does it mean for me?
Essentially Boiler Plus is a new set of regulations, which affects only heating engineers in England and will change how new gas combi boilers are installed into existing heating systems.
The main crux of the legislation is:
- Gas combi boiler replacements must have a minimum efficiency of 92% ErP
However, homeowners and installers must then select from four different energy-saving measures to work alongside this:
- Load compensation control
- Weather compensation control
- Smart thermostat with automation and optimisation
- Flue gas heat recovery unit with a time and temperature control
How to be compliant with Worcester
Are you planning on fitting a mechanical timer with a combi boiler replacement?
Boiler Plus made easy with Worcester
Rest assured Worcester ticks all the boxes to ensure you are Boiler Plus compliant.
- Choose any award-winning Greenstar gas combi boiler
- Fit a Greenstar Comfort I, Comfort II, Sense or Worcester Wave control
- … It’s that easy!