Find out about the training courses we offer for Heat Pumps and how to become MCS registered.
Though you do not need a certain qualification to fit heat pumps, we strongly recommend attending our free of charge product training before carrying out an installation.
Our Monobloc Air to Water course and Hybrid course allows you to have hands-on experience with the appliance, understand all the features and benefits, specification, installation and servicing.
How can I offer MCS?
The Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) is an industry-led scheme which demonstrates the quality and reliability of approved products and installation companies.
Being MCS certified demonstrates to your customers that you install to the industry-expected level of quality every time. MCS provides assurance and access to Government funding.
Start your MCS journey with us
To become a MCS heat pump installer or designer you will need to attend certain industry courses. Candidates will need to have at least one of the following qualifications:
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Plumbing or similar earlier certification that shows competence.
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Heating and Ventilating (Domestic Installation) or similar earlier certification that shows competence.
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Heating and Ventilating (Industrial and Commercial Installation) or similar earlier certification that shows competence.
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Oil-Fired Technical Services or similar earlier certification that shows competence.
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Gas Installation and Maintenance or similar earlier certification that shows competence.
- Heating installers with minimum 3 years of experience installing wet central heating system, shown either by manufacturer courses certification or Gas Safe register, OFTEC, MCS, HETAS registration.
Training courses required to become MCS registered
If you are MCS accredited you can offer up to a 7 year guarantee*
Other guarantee lengths are available, for example with product training. Please sign up or log in to your loyalty account to view a full breakdown of our guarantees.
Not MCS certified?
We can still support in unlocking government grants and extended guarantees.
If MCS isn’t right for your business right now, you can use our third party MCS umbrella scheme – they’ll handle the design, training and MCS accreditation paperwork to enable your customer to apply for government grants.
Contact our pre-sales team to find out more: 0330 123 3366 then option 3 for low-carbon and renewable products.