This local Government funded training package is designed to deliver the necessary qualifications and skills to applicants who are wanting to move into the installation and/or design of air to water heat pump systems.
After successful completion of the course, you will be guaranteed a job interview with an installer who works in the Worcestershire area if you are unemployed. If you are self-employed, you will need to evidence you have quoted for air to water heat pump installations. If you are employed, you or your employer must evidence this has furthered your career development, for example a pay rise or promotion.
During the Skills Bootcamp, you will cover the modules listed below:
Introduction to Renewable Heating
This course is an overview on renewable heating systems. Simple and basic explanation of different technologies, systems, and associated works. This is a great first step into the world of renewable heating.
Compress 7000i Air to Water & Hybrid Heat Pump Training
Learn everything you need to know about our new additions to the Bosch portfolio. This course will allow you to have hands-on experience with the appliances, understand all the features and benefits, specification, installation and how to service the Bosch Compress 7000i air to water heat pumps and 7000i Hybrid heat pumps
Hot Water Systems and Safety Training and Assessment
The specialist Hot Water Systems and Safety course provides you with a certificate of competence, as defined by the Building Regulations G3.
Water Regulations Certificate (WRAS) Training Course
This course covers Water Regulations  and is a necessary requirement for qualified plumbers looking to join their local water authorities water industry approved plumber scheme. To install plumbing systems, you must demonstrate competence in order to either:
- Gain registration with a body approved by the Department of Communities and Local Government (CLG) to enable self-certification of work that must be notified to Building Control.
- Notify your work in line with the requirements of Approved Document G of the Building Regulations to the Building Control office of the relevant local council where the work is carried out.
Level 3 Award in the Installation and Maintenance of Air Source Heat Pumps (Non-refrigerant Circuits)
This course is intended for heating engineers who will be installing and maintaining air source heat pumps. The course explores the key elements involved in a heat pump installation as well as commissioning, servicing, and maintaining air source heat pump units. This qualification would enable registration with MCS for work under the scope of MIS 3005-I (The Heat Pump Standard- Installation)
Level 3 Award in Low Temperature Heating and Hot Water Systems in Dwellings
This qualification is intended for heating engineers to understand the concept of low temperature heating systems; allowing them to demonstrate their knowledge, understand the need and requirements for installing low temperature heating and hot water systems in dwellings. The course explores all the key elements involved in low temperature system design. The qualification along with Level 3 Award in the Installation and Maintenance of Heat Pump Systems would enable registration with MCS for work under the scope of MIS 3005-D (The Heat Pump Standard- Design).
- You must be 19 years old and over
- Seeking employment
- Self Employed and wanting to move your business into the heat pump market.
- Employed and able to advance your career (please note only open to small and medium enterprise business).
- Currently working or looking to work in the Worcestershire area
You must hold one of the following qualifications:
National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) and Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) to level 2/3 in one of the following:
- Plumbing or equivalent earlier certification that provides evidence of competence.
- Heating and Ventilating (Domestic Installation) or equivalent earlier certification that provides evidence of competence.
- Heating and Ventilating (Industrial and Commercial Installation) or equivalent earlier certification that provides evidence of competence.
- Oil-Fired Technical Services or equivalent earlier certification that provides evidence of competence.
- Gas Installation and Maintenance or equivalent earlier certification that provides evidence of competence.
- Heating installers with minimum 3 years of experience installing wet central heating system, evidenced either by manufacturer courses certification or Gas Safe register, OFTEC, MCS, HETAS registration.
Heat Pump Skills application form: