Basic Electrics for Heating Engineers
This course has been designed to give engineers working within the heating industry the knowledge and understanding to safely carry out maintenance and repair work to a heating appliance. No previous electrical experience is required, also suitable for people who have ACS or OFTEC qualifications, to enhance their existing knowledge.
You must be working in the plumbing/heating industry.
If you are on an approved apprenticeship scheme you may still attend.
Course will include:
- Introduction to the uses of a multimeter
- Identify the correct type of leads to be used.
- An explanation of the different terms used in electrical theory and work practices.
- Practical tasks in the use and measuring of resistances and voltages on a range of components commonly found in heating appliances.
- Safe isolation of an appliance prior to undertaking service or repair.
- How to conduct an earth loop impedance test.
- Basic checking of components and identifying faulty components under non voltage and voltage present conditions.
On completion of the course an assessment will be undertaken covering practical and theoretical aspects of the subjects covered. On successful completion of the assessment a certificate of attainment will be issued. The assessment will be verified by Logic Certification Ltd.
If you need to cancel or rearrange a booking we require notice of 10 working days prior to the course start date so that the place can be reallocated. If the required notice is not received within this timescale any monies paid will be forfeited.
Book this course