Remote monitoring of your housing stock with Vericon Systems
We recognise the many challenges in the social housing sector with a growing need to remotely monitor housing stock and the customers’ welfare.
This is why we’ve partnered with Vericon, to provide solutions to the problems that you are facing, such as
- Cost of maintenance and the ability to understand the problem before you arrive to fix the problem first time
- Access to the property
- Compliance – for example around mould and damp
- Identifying and addressing fuel poverty.
Innovative, affordable technology - Scalable from 1 to 100,000+ housing stock - Full audit trail - Trial packages available.
Boiler Control Module – Real time data to manage your stock
- Data, fault notifications and history
- Saves cost for an engineer to attend site
- GSM enabled devices so doesn’t require Wi-Fi
- Heating temperature settings
- System low pressure warnings
- Connects to boilers’ control bus
- 10 minutes to install
Scenario - Boiler has a low pressure fault.
A leak or is the expansion vessel under pressure? Engineer is sent to find out.
Alternatively, BCM can pre-test the expansion vessel before the engineer carries out the gas safety test and monitor for pressure drops.
Vericon products include
Monitors and tops up central heating systems autonomously, helping to significantly reduce engineers visits and helpdesk calls.
Inhibitor automatically tops up the system water when levels detected as low
Cost effective, easy to install device that measures temperature, humidity and CO2.
About Vericon’s Connect Portal
The Connect Portal is a single portal where your complete Ecosystem can be monitored, managed and maintained.
Secure cloud based data
Connect is a highly secure cloud based data processing and machine learning hub at the heart of all Vericon Systems’ solutions.