With features from our 8000 Style, insights from installers and featuring real advances in siting flexibility, we’ve taken what was the UK’s favourite boiler and made it better.
- Seamless swapping out of i Junior, Si combi and i System boilers (2005-2015).
- Fixing points, pipe centres and distance from flue to valves match predecessors for minimum re-work.
- Wall-frame provides a pre-piping option for all pipe connections before the boiler is hung.
- SimpleSwitch flue adaptor available to allow, in particular cases, re-use of the existing flue hole through the building fabric.
PRV pre-fit elbow
- Supplied with the boiler, the elbow is designed to be angled for SimpleSwitch installations.
- You can simply connect to existing i Junior, Si or i System PRV pipework that is often difficult to replace.
- You just need to provide one 90 degree copper fitting to link the pipework.
- PRV pre-fit piping can go straight back to the wall if SimpleSwitch isn’t required.
Simple Switch models include:
• Greenstar i Junior combi (2005 – 2013)
• Greenstar i Junior combi (2013 – 2015)
• Greenstar Si combi (2005 – 2013)
• Greenstar i ErP (2015 – 2021)
• Greenstar i System (2005 – 2015)
• Greenstar i System ErP (2015 – 2021)
Longer flue lengths
- Maximum flue lengths up to 12m (60/100mm), when run horizontally or vertically.
- Improved flue length reduction on bends of 0.5m (45°) and 1.5m (90°).
- The large capacity 500ml condensate siphon increases the volume of condensate discharge.
- Significantly reduces the risk of freezing with the siphonic release increasing speed of flow, pre-warmed to internal boiler temperatures.
- Real homeowner peace of mind during cold snaps.
- Reduction of potential nuisance call-outs.
- Similar to our 8000 and 2000 range, the 4000 is compatible with our ‘RF key’.
- Provides wireless RF communication between the boiler and our compensating controls.
- Enables you to quickly and easily fit our wireless Bosch EasyControl, Greenstar Comfort+ II RF and other Comfort+ controls.
- The wiring connections can be accessed via one retained screw.
- Simple wiring layout inherited from our top-of-the-range 8000 range.
- Clear layout of connections makes installing third party controls straightforward.