Does an external condensate pipe have to be insulated?
If you are installing a Greenstar CDi Classic or i boiler or using a CondenseSure kit with a boiler then the pipe does not have to be insulated as long as it is 32mm diameter pipe and no longer than 3m length.
For other gas or oil boilers then external condensate runs must be kept to a maximum of 3 metres and must be insulated.
It may also be advisable to increase the pipe diameter to 32mm.
If pipework is not sufficiently sized and insulated, freezing of the condensate may occur. If this happens, your boiler would display a fault code which could be any of the following, depending on your boiler: 'EA' fault code, 'D5' fault code or a blue slow flashing light that remains off longer than it flashes on.
More All FAQs
- How many colours is the EasyControl available in?
- I can't see my website registrations in the app, what should I do?
- How do I give my engineers access?
- Does my WAI/Rewards login already work with the app?
- I don't want to use a particular feature of the app. Will this cause a problem?
- I have a great idea for the app, who do I talk to?
- What will happen at the end of my apprenticeship?
- When should I apply for an apprenticeship?
- Will any of my expenses, such as travel, be covered?
- Where will I be based?