What can cause an oil boilers burner to lockout?
A burner lockout could be as a result of no oil or a leak in the pipeline. Another cause of burner lockout is from contaminated oil. This contamination could be from:- Water ingress into the tank from a missing cover, a damaged tank from condensation, sludge, which can occur due to the growth of micro-organisms at the water fuel interface in the tank or rust from a metal oil tank corroding.
Your OFTEC registered installer or oil supplier will be able to assist you with cleaning your tank and flushing through the oil lines.
More All FAQs
- I can't see my website registrations in the app, what should I do?
- How do I give my engineers access?
- Does my WAI/Rewards login already work with the app?
- I don't want to use a particular feature of the app. Will this cause a problem?
- I have a great idea for the app, who do I talk to?
- What will happen at the end of my apprenticeship?
- When should I apply for an apprenticeship?
- Will any of my expenses, such as travel, be covered?
- Where will I be based?
- Are there any eligibility requirements to apply for an apprenticeship?