Guarantee vs Warranty
The main difference between a guarantee and a warranty is that a guarantee is usually free, whereas a warranty typically includes a premium for the cover (much like a form of insurance). The great thing about a guarantee is that it is legally binding and adds to your rights under consumer law.
Other differences include the fact that warranties sometimes only cover certain parts of a product. A good example of this is when you take out a warranty on a new or used car, only to find that tyres, brake pads and other items are not covered. Warranties also entitle manufacturers to charge for call outs, which can be an unwanted and unexpected expense. In contrast guarantees typically cover the whole product, and at Worcester Bosch we won’t charge you for a guarantee call out visit by one of our engineers providing that your boiler is serviced annually.
As with any warranty or guarantee we always recommend that you check the terms and conditions, as well as seeing what other homeowners and landlords are saying about a company and whether they honour their commitments in a fair and open way. At Worcester Bosch we take pride in our guarantees and our main requirement is that the boiler is serviced annually
More All FAQs
- How do I reset my EasyControl password?
- How do I create a Bosch ID account?
- How do I log out and create a personalised Bosch ID account?
- I'm moving house and want to take my EasyControl with me. Can I install it in a new property?
- Do I have to subscribe to a service to be able to use the EasyControl?
- The thermostat updates automatically. Can I turn this off?
- We’ve had a power cut. Does that affect EasyControl?
- If I remove EasyControl from the wall (e.g. for renovation work) how long will its settings be kept?
- How many colours is the EasyControl available in?
- How do I pay for my FastTrack installation?