Worcester Customer Service Team
Our Customer Service team is here to help you get the best from your Worcester product throughout its lifetime. Whatever your enquiry, simply call one of our specialist advisors in Worcester, email us, or book a visit from a Worcester Service Engineer if you'd like someone to come to you.
We're available to speak to you 7 days a week, 364 days a year, at the times shown below:
|Monday to Friday||7.00am - 8.00pm|
|Saturday||8.00am - 5.00pm|
|Sunday||9.00am - 12.00pm|
Alternatively you can contact the installer of your product, or search for a Worcester Accredited Installer in your area.
If you suspect a gas leak call the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999
- Don't smoke or strike matches
- Don't turn electrical switches on or off
- Do put out naked flames
- Do open doors and windows
- Do keep people away from the area affected
- Do turn off the control valve at the meter if you can
- Do go outside of the property for your own safety
Our customer services and technical teams are happy to talk you through any questions you may have relating to your Worcester product.
However, if you would prefer to use our website, then our list of frequently asked questions (FAQ's) relating to common heating and hot water issues may help.
Our general enquiries number is the best number to call if you want to register your product guarantee, book a service engineer visit, order a user manual or sales brochure, or if you have any other non-technical questions related to our products or services.
Our award winning technical support team will answer any technical questions you may have on Worcester boilers, solar water heating systems, cylinders, heat pumps, controls, thermostats and product accessories.
Speak to our Renewable Technologies specialists with questions about solar thermal or heat pumps.
Home Heating Tips
- How to use the FW100 Weather Compensation boiler control
- How to re-establish RF links
- Home heating and hot water tips
- Handy Greenstar boiler checks
- Winter energy-saving-tips from Worcester
- Boiler tips for homeowners
- Why you should have your central heating system cleansed
- How to repressurise a heating system with an internal filling key
- How to repressurise a heating system with an external filling hose
- How to re-pressurise your system using the new Keyless Filling Link
- How to bleed a radiator
- All home heating tip videos
Find a local installer
Each heating system needs custom designing. By using the search feature, you can find and contact a Worcester Accredited Installer in your area to book a home visit.
After calculating the best system for your home, your installer will then come and visit you at home to assess your heating and hot water needs and give you a free estimate.
- Contact one of our installers and be in with a chance to win £400 worth of Bosch appliances. Terms
Lost the instructions? Don't worry. Download PDF copies of product use manuals, instructions or brochures here.