How do controls affect ErP?
The ErP Directive covers all products that consume energy, such as boilers, heat pumps, solar thermal etc. It also includes controls, which are defined using 'classes'. These run from Class I (a simple on/off room stat) through to Class VIII (multi-sensor room control for use with modulating heating appliances). Each control class equates to a certain percentage uplift in system efficiency e.g. A class VI weather compensating control and room thermostat, such as the Worcester Wave, will add 4% efficiency to the heating system.
More All FAQs
- Guarantee vs Warranty
- How do I pay for my FastTrack installation?
- How long is the guarantee on an FastTrack installation?
- What do I get from FastTrack?
- What is included in the FastTrack service?
- How do I qualify for FastTrack?
- What is FastTrack?
- How are installers selected to complete FastTrack installation jobs?
- What happens if the customer doesn’t meet the FastTrack criteria?
- Which installers are eligible to become a FastTrack installer?