What can cause an oil boilers burner to lockout?
A burner lockout could be as a result of no oil or a leak in the pipeline. Another cause of burner lockout is from contaminated oil. This contamination could be from:- Water ingress into the tank from a missing cover, a damaged tank from condensation, sludge, which can occur due to the growth of micro-organisms at the water fuel interface in the tank or rust from a metal oil tank corroding.
Your OFTEC registered installer or oil supplier will be able to assist you with cleaning your tank and flushing through the oil lines.
More All FAQs
- What is a ‘confirmation payment’?
- How do I pay for my Express installation?
- What happens if my installer cancels?
- Who services my boiler, after installation?
- How long is the guarantee on an Express installation?
- Why do I have to upload pictures of my current boiler and flue?
- Who will install my new boiler?
- What do I get from Express?
- What is included in Express?
- How do I qualify for Express?