Why choose Worcester?
Why Choose Worcester?
Here’s an insight into the behind-the-scenes work that goes on to ensure your customers benefit from much more than the best in high efficiency central heating boilers.
Their procedures ensure that all of our boilers, solar panels and heat pumps have been put through their paces in the most extreme of conditions to ensure they are robust enough to stand up to the highest of demands and toughest of environments.
Quality at every stage
In addition, we have separate, highly skilled departments in purchasing, Research and Development (R&D), as well as manufacturing.
This ensures that from selecting only the most suitable components through to assembling them into a quality boiler, our commitment to quality is maintained at each stage of the full process.
In the unlikely event that we are notified of a fault or failure, each instance is extensively analysed thanks to the access we have to information on each individual component, through to the name of the service engineer who worked on the product.
Information from our service network is constantly fed through to us to ensure we can act on all technical observations as a matter of urgency – ultimately ensuring our boilers, solar panels and heat pumps remain the best they can be.
Our entire workforce is engaged with our bespoke TQI (Total Quality Initiative), which focuses on a ‘zero defect’ culture that is carried through the whole business.
The ethos stems from the Robert Bosch Quality Principles and means that as an installer, you can benefit from the reputation of quality and reliability with which the global Bosch Group is associated.
Did you know?
- As part of the global Bosch Group, we have access to Bosch’s worldwide resources, including a corporate research dept and access to Bosch automotive processes
- We replicate contaminated heating system water, which contains iron dust, quartz sand, hemp fibre and other contaminates found in system water samples
- We perform a drop test onto a concrete floor to test boiler durability
- Our test boilers are positioned on a shaker table for 3 hours before being set to vibrate across a range of frequencies to simulate 3,000 miles of worldwide transport
- To test reliability, our boiler circuit boards are subjected to an electromagnetic test at 4,000 volts
- Boilers are subject to 20,000 electromagnetic surges at up to 3,000 volts to ensure they can perform in the event of exceptional power surges
- Parts in the hydraulic circuit complete 300,000 water pressure cycles to ensure optimum boiler performance is achieved
- Boiler components are tested to a simulated 15 year life at development stage
- With over 100 people in our quality control team, we have more quality control engineers than salesmen. This means every boiler we make is rigorously tested before it leaves the factory to ensure it will meet your customers’ requirements
- Each of our new boiler designs are ‘field trialled’ for at least 1 winter period. To ensure we can benefit from winter conditions all year round, outside of the British winter we test overseas in countries such as Chile