How efficient are air source heat pumps?
When properly installed, an air source heat pump can produce up to 5 times more heat energy to the home than the electrical energy it consumes.
The basis of heat pump efficiency is known as 'Coefficient of Performance' (or 'COP'). For example, 3 units of environmental energy plus 1 unit of electricity equals 4 units of heating energy, hence a COP rating of up to 4. This is subject to suitable low flow temperatures and house insulation levels.
More All FAQs
- How many colours is the EasyControl available in?
- I can't see my website registrations in the app, what should I do?
- How do I give my engineers access?
- Does my WAI/Rewards login already work with the app?
- I don't want to use a particular feature of the app. Will this cause a problem?
- I have a great idea for the app, who do I talk to?
- What will happen at the end of my apprenticeship?
- When should I apply for an apprenticeship?
- Will any of my expenses, such as travel, be covered?
- Where will I be based?