What will happen at the end of my apprenticeship?
Again, this depends on the apprenticeship you have chosen. However, through the duration of your apprenticeship you should expect to obtain a NVQ Level 2 Plumbing and Heating qualification and be working towards or have completed your NVQ Level 3 Plumbing and Heating qualification. If you choose gas0related units at Level 3 you will also gain a Gas Safe licence – a legal requirement for installing gas boilers and appliances.
Unfortunately, normally there is no guaranteed employment upon completion of the apprenticeship. However, it is very common for apprenticeships to be offered employment from their apprenticeship employer.
With the correct qualifications and years of experience, it is up to you what you do with them. Self-employment is another common route people in the plumbing and heating industry take.
More All FAQs
- How many colours is the EasyControl available in?
- I can't see my website registrations in the app, what should I do?
- How do I give my engineers access?
- Does my WAI/Rewards login already work with the app?
- I don't want to use a particular feature of the app. Will this cause a problem?
- I have a great idea for the app, who do I talk to?
- When should I apply for an apprenticeship?
- Will any of my expenses, such as travel, be covered?
- Where will I be based?
- Are there any eligibility requirements to apply for an apprenticeship?