With a ground source heat pump, how is energy collected from the ground?
There are three options to obtain the energy from the ground.
Horizontal collector - lengths of pipe are buried underground to a depth of around 1 or 2 metres. This is a good solution if the property has enough land to accommodate the collector.
Compact collectors - which reduce the amount of space required for the collector.
Horizontal collector - A bore hole is drilled to a depth of between 60 and 200m and the collector is fed into the hole. A vertical collector minimises the amount of land required on the surface for a collector.
More All FAQs
- I can't see my website registrations in the app, what should I do?
- How do I give my engineers access?
- Does my WAI/Rewards login already work with the app?
- I don't want to use a particular feature of the app. Will this cause a problem?
- I have a great idea for the app, who do I talk to?
- What will happen at the end of my apprenticeship?
- When should I apply for an apprenticeship?
- Will any of my expenses, such as travel, be covered?
- Where will I be based?
- Are there any eligibility requirements to apply for an apprenticeship?