Can I use plastic pipework on oil fired sealed central heating systems?
For Greenstar condensing oil boilers
Plastic pipework is allowed to be used on oil boilers, provided there is at least 1000mm copper pipe connection to the boiler before any plastic.
Plastic pipework may also be used on under floor heating systems in conjunction with a blending valve.
Standard efficiency boilers
Standard efficiency boilers cannot use plastic pipe on their systems as they run at a higher operating temperature.
More All FAQs
- How to diagnose a problem with an external heat pump
- How do I know that my condensate pipe is blocked?
- My boiler is producing a 'gurgling' sound what could be the cause?
- What is the lower limit operating temperature of a Worcester air to water heat pump?
- What are the key maintenance requirements for Greensource Air to Water Heat Pumps?
- How should the air to water heat pump unit be sited to ensure the airflow and access it needs?
- What size of cable should be used to connect the air to water heat pump to the mains electricity supply?
- How cost effective are solar thermal panels?
- Is there enough sunshine in the UK for solar thermal?
- What is the best way to calculate how many solar thermal panels I need?