Can I use plastic pipework on oil fired sealed central heating systems?
For Greenstar condensing oil boilers
Plastic pipework is allowed to be used on boilers up to 32kW, provided there is at least 1000mm copper pipe connection to the boiler before any plastic.
This applies to the primary side of the system only, not the domestic hot water side.
Plastic pipework may also be used on under floor heating systems in conjunction with a blending valve.
Standard efficiency boilers
Standard efficiency boilers cannot use plastic pipe on their systems as they run at a higher operating temperature.
More All FAQs
- What is the lower limit operating temperature of a Worcester air to water heat pump?
- What are the key maintenance requirements for Greensource Air to Water Heat Pumps?
- How should the air to water heat pump unit be sited to ensure the airflow and access it needs?
- What size of cable should be used to connect the air to water heat pump to the mains electricity supply?
- How cost effective are solar thermal panels?
- Is there enough sunshine in the UK for solar thermal?
- What is the best way to calculate how many solar thermal panels I need?
- Is planning permission required for solar thermal panels?
- Is there any funding available for solar thermal?
- Where can a Greensource air to air heat pump be used?