Can I use plastic pipework on oil fired sealed central heating systems?
For Greenstar condensing oil boilers
Plastic pipework is allowed to be used on boilers up to 32kW, provided there is at least 1000mm copper pipe connection to the boiler before any plastic.
This applies to the primary side of the system only, not the domestic hot water side.
Plastic pipework may also be used on under floor heating systems in conjunction with a blending valve.
Standard efficiency boilers
Standard efficiency boilers cannot use plastic pipe on their systems as they run at a higher operating temperature.
More All FAQs
- Have you got more information on how to wire controls to your range of Greenstar gas boilers?
- How many immersion heaters do you have in your cylinders?
- What are the kW outputs of the coils inside Worcester cylinders?
- Is the GB162 flue system suitable to be ran externally?
- Do I have to use the GB162 pump group or can I fit my own pump on the system?
- Does the Heat Interface Unit require a permanent live?
- Does the Heat Interface Unit require a flue to be fitted?
- Can I use a secondary return with the Greenspring water heater?
- I am installing a GB162 can I used external 240vac controls to operate the boiler?
- Can I use a BMS system with a 0 - 10 volt signal to control the GB162?