With a ground source heat pump, how is energy collected from the ground?
There are three options to obtain the energy from the ground.
Horizontal collector - lengths of pipe are buried underground to a depth of around 1 or 2 metres. This is a good solution if the property has enough land to accommodate the collector.
Compact collectors - which reduce the amount of space required for the collector.
Horizontal collector - A bore hole is drilled to a depth of between 60 and 200m and the collector is fed into the hole. A vertical collector minimises the amount of land required on the surface for a collector.
More All FAQs
- Guarantee vs Warranty
- How do I pay for my FastTrack installation?
- How long is the guarantee on an FastTrack installation?
- What do I get from FastTrack?
- What is included in the FastTrack service?
- How do I qualify for FastTrack?
- What is FastTrack?
- How are installers selected to complete FastTrack installation jobs?
- What happens if the customer doesn’t meet the FastTrack criteria?
- What is the FastTrack installation service?