What is a thermostatic radiator valve (TRV)?
TRVs allow you to control the temperature of each room individually, thus helping to improve comfort in your home as well as saving money and energy. Most radiators will be fitted with these.
Ideally, TRVs should be well exposed and not obstructed by curtains or blocked by furniture.
More Home Heating FAQs
- Guarantee vs Warranty
- How to bleed a radiator
- How do I know that my condensate pipe is blocked?
- My boiler is producing a 'gurgling' sound what could be the cause?
- Why might I want to programme hot water times with my combi boiler?
- Do I need a boiler, solar panels or heat pumps to heat my home?
- Do you recommend treatment of the central heating water?
- How does part L of the Building Regulations affect my boiler installation?
- What do the error symbols mean on my boiler?
- Should I have my heating system treated or cleansed?