What sort of shower can I run off my combi boiler?
Combi boilers produce hot water at mains pressure, which means they are compatible to either a mains pressure balanced or thermostatically controlled shower. In contrast, when a regular boiler and cylinder is replaced with a combi boiler, any existing shower should be examined for suitability. This might be a pump assisted power shower, for example, designed for low-pressure systems.
Please seek specialist advice from your boiler installer on the correct shower selection.
More Oil Boiler FAQs
- My new Greenstar oil boiler's flue overheat thermostat keeps tripping out
- Why might I want to programme hot water times with my combi boiler?
- Why is the hot water produced by my combi boiler sometimes cloudy?
- How could mains water pressure affect my combi boiler?
- Do you recommend treatment of the central heating water?
- How does part L of the Building Regulations affect my boiler installation?
- What do the error symbols mean on my boiler?
- What can cause an oil boilers burner to lockout?
- Will I receive anything in writing when I have a new boiler installed?
- Can I use artificially softened water in the heating circuit with my boiler?