Will I receive anything in writing when I have a new boiler installed?
Your local authority must be told when you have a new or replacement boiler fitted. Your installer should do this for you, and you should receive the following certificate:
If your boiler is installed by a Gas Safe Register/CORGI-registered or OFTEC-registered installer, you will get a 'building regulations compliance' certificate from Gas Safe Register/CORGI or OFTEC after the work has been completed. Gas Safe Register/CORGI or OFTEC will also tell the local authority that you have had a new or replacement boiler fitted.
You should keep this certificate as you may need it when you sell your home.
More Oil Boiler FAQs
- My new Greenstar oil boiler's flue overheat thermostat keeps tripping out
- Why might I want to programme hot water times with my combi boiler?
- Why is the hot water produced by my combi boiler sometimes cloudy?
- How could mains water pressure affect my combi boiler?
- Do you recommend treatment of the central heating water?
- How does part L of the Building Regulations affect my boiler installation?
- What do the error symbols mean on my boiler?
- What can cause an oil boilers burner to lockout?
- What sort of shower can I run off my combi boiler?
- Can I use artificially softened water in the heating circuit with my boiler?