For equipment which is out-of-guarantee at the time you take out a protection plan.
The following words and phrases always relate to or have the meanings given below:
You, Your: The customer.
We, Our or Us: Domestic & General Services Ltd, the provider of the plan
Equipment: The equipment for which you purchase the plan.
BTL: Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd.
YOUR PLAN BENEFITS
You are entitled to contact BTL’s UK-based Contact Centre online at www.worcester-bosch.co.uk or by calling 0330 123 9449 to request help if your BTL boiler or controls are not working.
If your equipment suffers a mechanical or electrical breakdown, outside the supplier’s or manufacturer’s guarantee period and BTL are not able to resolve the problem over the phone we will then, in our discretion, decide whether to approve a repair, and then pay for the parts and labour cost of repair, or may pay you a contribution up to £750, in each case subject to the terms and conditions below.
Under the plan benefits you are protected for the following:
Section A: Boiler as manufactured or supplied by BTL D: Labour Charges
Section B: Controls as manufactured or supplied by BTL E: Annual Service
Please note care for your equipment will commence 30 days after receipt of your completed application.
HOW TO ASK FOR A REPAIR
a. You can request an appointment online at www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/appointment
b. Alternatively you can call 0330 123 9449 (open 7am-8pm Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm Sat, 9am-12pm Sun and 8am-4.30pm on bank holidays. Calls to 03 numbers cost no more than geographic numbers (01 or 02). Calls to 03 numbers from landlines and mobiles are included in free call packages.
c. If you smell gas or are worried about gas safety, you should call the National Gas Emergency Service free on 0800 111 999 at any time, day or night.
HOW TO ASK FOR A SERVICE
Your plan includes an annual service. Services will generally be carried out between the months of April to September, as in winter repairs take priority over servicing.
TERMS & CONDITIONS GENERAL
a. In winter, repairs take priority over annual services.
b. The Boiler and Controls must be as manufactured or supplied by BTL.
c. If a repair is approved we will only pay up to £1,500 in the period of the plan.
d. If a repair is approved, but we decide we are unable to carry out the repair or we decide that it is uneconomical for us to repair your boiler, we will arrange to replace your boiler with a new boiler up to a value of £750. Subject to availability and the price limit, the replacement will be of the same or similar technical specification.
e. You are not entitled to a replacement appliance under this plan and we will not be responsible for any installation or delivery costs. We will also not pay for a replacement flue or any system upgrading work if this is needed for the new boiler.
f. If you are paying by Direct Debit any outstanding fee instalments will be deducted from any contribution which might be given.
g. Repair work authorised by us will be carried out during BTL’s normal working hours only, which are typically 8am to 6pm Monday – Saturday, 8am to 4.30pm Bank Holidays, with no coverage on Sundays or Christmas Day.
h. Applications for repairs of equipment will only be considered where the equipment is no longer covered by any supplier’s, manufacturer’s or repairer’s guarantee for parts, call-out and labour charges.
i. You must operate your equipment in line with the manufacturer’s instructions and must not modify it.
j. Your equipment must not have been lost, stolen, misused, neglected, poorly installed subject to malicious damage, damage caused by accidents or damage caused by fire, explosion, floods, lightning, storms, frost or other bad weather conditions, rust, corrosion or water.
k. Your equipment must not be subject to a current recall programme.
l. Your equipment must be used in a domestic environment. Equipment used in a non domestic or commercial environment must be subject to our prior approval in writing.
m. Your equipment must be repaired and installed within the mainland United Kingdom, unless we agree otherwise in writing.
n. You are liable for the cost of repairs if there is no fault found with the equipment, or to the extent it requires routine maintenance, cleaning, servicing (unless your plan includes an annual service), cosmetic repairs (e.g. damage to paintwork, dents or scratches), where there is any problem with the supply of electricity, gas, oil or water, repairs arising either from the clearing of airlocks, or the balancing and venting of radiators, or any costs arising from difficulties in getting to the equipment.
o. Payment will not be approved for costs arising from being unable to use your equipment or for any other loss or damage not included under your plan benefits which arises from the breakdown of your equipment, including any costs to remove or reinstate built-in or fitted equipment.
p. If when you require breakdown service, there is any other service agreement or an insurance policy under which you are entitled to claim, we may only pay an appropriate proportion.
q. You are required to provide telephone contact numbers to help BTL arrange and fulfil your appointment. If BTL cannot attend your property on the agreed date, they will contact you as soon as is reasonably practical to arrange an alternative date. If a required spare part is unavailable, BTL will arrange with you a mutually convenient time to return and complete the work.
r. BTL’s engineers are entitled to work in a smoke and pet free environment. We reserve the right to cancel the appointment and the plan if we have reason to believe that the health and safety of BTL’s engineers cannot be guaranteed.
s. If you are unable to provide BTL’s engineer with access to the property on the agreed date, you must contact BTL as soon as reasonably practicable and at least by 12 noon on the day before the appointment in order to arrange an alternative date.
t. Not included under this plan:
- Any work arising from hard water scale deposits (i.e. calcium). Sludge or blockages (including carrying out a powerflush) or clearing, replacing or repairing magnetic filtration devices
- repairs arising from damage to the system (defined as radiators, radiator valves, expansion tank, hot water cylinder or above the ground pipe work directly associated with provision of central heating);
- turning on or lighting up the equipment and adjusting switches and controls except following an approved repair under this plan;
- any part not defined in these Terms and Conditions, for example energy management systems, convector heaters, kick space heaters, shower pumps, or immersion heaters or solar panels together with their associated pipework and controls;
- any water pressure adjustments on sealed systems, except those connected with a repair approved under this plan;
- fuel lines to the boiler and the flue systems from the boiler; plugs or cables;
- repairs arising from sludge or blockages;
- unvented pressurised cylinders;
- boilers which exceed 200,000 BTU/HR 58.6KW input;
- repairs arising from convector heaters or from towel heaters/rails;
- the cost of replacing your equipment;
- any upgrading/improvement work required as a result of legislation (Health & Safety or otherwise) or to meet current standards;
- replacement of consumer durables (e.g. batteries, filters, fuses, oil nozzles and ignitors), other than internal fuel lines when replaced as part of an annual service;
- boilers installed on boats, including house boats;
- the issuance of Gas Safety Certificates (CP12s);
- bleeding of oil supply pipelines;
- self maintenance tasks such as, re-pressurising and resetting of the boiler, bleeding excess system pressure and thawing frozen condensate pipes/water (for guidance on carrying out self-maintenance tasks please visit BTL’s website at www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/faq or alternatively please call 0330 123 3366).
YOUR RIGHT TO CHANGE YOUR MIND/CANCELLATIONS
Your right to change your mind:
You will receive a full refund if you cancel the plan within the fourteen (14) day period from receipt of your documentation or from the plan start date, whichever is later (the cooling off period).
If you cancel your plan after the cooling off period, then the following will apply:
• If you have not received a repair, we’ll refund the fee paid by you for the remaining full months of your plan. If you pay for your plan by Direct Debit, you will only receive a refund if you have already paid for any future months of your plan.
• If you have received a repair, no refund will be given and you will have to pay the cost of the repair. This will be capped at the plan fee (less any fees you have already paid in the current period).
1. To cancel your plan, please call us on 0333 000 4935
2. You can also cancel by writing to us: Domestic & General Services Limited, Leicester House, 17 Leicester Street, Bedworth, Warwickshire CV12 8JP
If you are paying by Direct Debit and tell your bank to cancel your Direct Debit Instruction, but do not contact us first, we will not immediately cancel your plan. If you do wish to cancel, please contact us directly to avoid any communications regarding outstanding payments.
HOW TO CONTACT US OR COMPLAIN
• Call the Customer Service Department on 0333 000 4935
• Write to us Domestic & General Services Limited, Leicester House, 17 Leicester Street, Bedworth, Warwickshire CV12 8JP
• E-mail us by clicking on ‘contact us’ on our website (www.domesticandgeneral.com).
If you are not satisfied with how we respond you can then ask the Consumer Ombudsman to review your case.
TELEPHONING DOMESTIC & GENERAL
Calls cost up to 7p a minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Calls from mobiles may cost considerably more. Calls to 0800 numbers are free. Calls may be recorded and monitored for quality and training purposes. Lines are open, at a minimum, from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays). Your telephone calls may be recorded to monitor and improve the quality of the service provided.
Your details will be held and used by Domestic & General Services Limited, Domestic & General Insurance PLC, and selected companies acting on our behalf to administer your plan. We may pass your data to any relevant regulator or dispute resolution provider. We may also use your data for training and testing purposes. If you have given us permission, your details may also be used by us or third parties for other marketing purposes. We may disclose your information to our service providers and agents for these purposes. We and the third parties (if applicable) may contact you by mail, telephone or email. If you no longer want your data to be used by third parties or by us for marketing purposes and you have not already notified us please write to the Data Protection Officer at: Domestic & General, Freepost CV2560, Bedworth, Warwickshire, CV12 8BR. To help keep your details accurate we may use information we receive from our partners. You can ask us for a copy of your details (for a small fee) and to correct any inaccuracies.
EXCLUSION OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
This plan is for the benefit of the plan holder only and any permitted transferee at our discretion and no rights or benefits will be given to any other third party under the plan. The provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 will not apply.
GOVERNING LAW AND STATUTORY RIGHTS
We will communicate in English and English Law will apply unless we have agreed otherwise with you. Nothing in these conditions will reduce or affect your statutory rights; for further information about your statutory rights contact the Citizens Advice Bureau: www.adviceguide.org.uk or 0345 404 0506.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PLAN
With our permission you may transfer your plan to a new owner of the heating equipment by giving us their details either over the telephone or in writing. You cannot transfer it to any other heating equipment.
RENEWING YOUR PLAN
Before your plan ends, we will contact you by post, telephone, email or SMS about renewing. Your renewal notice will show the new amount to pay and your renewal date.
• If you pay by Direct Debit, your protection will automatically continue for another year with a new plan at each renewal, unless you inform us otherwise
• If you pay by any other means, your renewal notice will show the amount to pay. You will need to make payment for the plan to continue
We reserve the right not to offer you a renewal on your plan.
CUSTOMERS WITH DISABILITIES
We offer a number of services for customers who have disabilities including providing our documents in Braille, large print or audio formats. For further information please telephone us on 0333 000 4935.
Provided by Domestic & General Services Limited
Registered Office: Swan Court, 11 Worple Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 4JS.
Registered in England and Wales. Company No. 1970780
More Terms & Conditions
- Domestic Hot Water Secondary Heat Exchanger Guarantee
- Gas Boiler Primary Heat Exchanger Guarantee
- Guarantee Terms And Conditions
- Image Library Terms And Conditions
- Mains Pressure Domestic Hot Water Storage Cylinder Guarantee
- Terms and Conditions
- Solar Panel Guarantee
- Renewable Product Maintenance Plan Terms and Conditions
- Maintenance and Support Plans - Terms and Conditions