Can I use plastic pipework on oil fired sealed central heating systems?
For Greenstar condensing oil boilers
Plastic pipework is allowed to be used on oil boilers, provided there is at least 1000mm copper pipe connection to the boiler before any plastic.
Plastic pipework may also be used on under floor heating systems in conjunction with a blending valve.
Standard efficiency boilers
Standard efficiency boilers cannot use plastic pipe on their systems as they run at a higher operating temperature.
More Oil Boiler FAQs
- Top tips commissioning a Greenstar Danesmoor oil boiler
- Is an external air break required when a condensate pipe is terminated into a rainwater downspout?
- My new Greenstar oil boiler's flue overheat thermostat keeps tripping out
- What size oil supply pipe does an oil boiler need?
- What ventilation do I need?
- Do you recommend treatment of the central heating water?
- How does part L of the Building Regulations affect my boiler installation?
- What can cause an oil boilers burner to lockout?
- Can I use artificially softened water in the heating circuit with my boiler?
- Can a Greenstar Oil boiler be used with the existing conventional flue?