Can a Greenstar Oil boiler be used with the existing conventional flue?
The conventional flue must comply with the following:
- Open (conventional) flued appliances must not be installed in or take ventilation from a bedroom, bathroom or bedsitting room
- The flue system must be in accordance with BS5410: Part 1 and the current Building Regulations
- The flue must be constructed of materials suitable for the use of condensing combustion products
- External flue systems must be of insulated type
- Brick and masonry chimneys must be lined with a suitable non-combustible material and properly jointed to withstand the effects of the working temperature (minimum rating of material 120°C) of the appliance and any condensate which may be produced
- All flue joints must be sealed to prevent the leakage of condensate and combustion products
- Ensure that joints are made so that the condensate runs away and is not collected within the joint NOTE: The flue can be increased in size from the boiler take off point providing the joint is correctly sealed. Never reduce the flue diameter from the boiler take off point.
- The flue should be vertical and contain as few bends as possible, a maximum of two 135° bends should be used
- The flue outlet must be extended beyond the eaves of the building and where possible, above the apex
- Fit a suitable anti down-draught terminal where down draughts are experienced
More Oil Boiler FAQs
- Top tips commissioning a Greenstar Danesmoor oil boiler
- Is an external air break required when a condensate pipe is terminated into a rainwater downspout?
- My new Greenstar oil boiler's flue overheat thermostat keeps tripping out
- What size oil supply pipe does an oil boiler need?
- Can I use plastic pipework on oil fired sealed central heating systems?
- What ventilation do I need?
- Do you recommend treatment of the central heating water?
- How does part L of the Building Regulations affect my boiler installation?
- What can cause an oil boilers burner to lockout?
- Can I use artificially softened water in the heating circuit with my boiler?